Emotional, medical and financial support
Living with rheumatoid is tough.
Here are some of our favorite resources for emotional, medical and financial support.
- Arthritis Life YouTube channel - educational videos about different aspects of living with arthritis, including interviews with rheumatoid patients
- Arthritis Foundation toll-free helpline - The Arthritis Foundation offers one-on-one support in the USA.Call 1-844-571-HELP (4357)
- Women with Rheumatoid Disease private group - talk with other rheumatoid patients who have been through what you are going through
- Find doctors - Search the Medline plus directories for USA doctors
- Find a rheumatologist - The American College of Rheumatologists has a directory of rheumatologists
- Find a hand therapist - The American Society of Hand Therapists has a directory of hand therapists
- How to pay for treatment - a great article that lists ways to cover treatment costs, including drug company co-pay programs
- The disability starter kit - guidance from the USA government on applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- The Sleepy Girl guide to Social Security disability - a thorough guide to applying for SSDI, designed for self-advocacy and written by a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome patient.