We asked Women with Rheumatoid disease what they say when people tell you: "You don't look sick"
Here are their answers:
- I'm glad that I don't always look the way I feel because it would scare people off
- You don't have to look sick to be sick
- It only took two layers of makeup and strong pain killers to look like this
- I don't look sick? You don't look stupid!
- Just because I don't look sick, it doesn't mean I'm not. I struggle on a day to day basis with it. You don't know how I feel. I might be smiling on the outside but you don't know what is going on within me.
- I am not explaining again...google it!
Fed up with people telling you 'but you don't look sick?'.
Join the Women with Rheumatoid Disease community and find other people who understand.